Our Buildings Insurance policy will cover the actual structure of your home against loss or damage, and not what you have filled it with. The reason why we offer a separate policy for the structure of your home to Home Contents Insurance is because it faces a range of more severe risks that have a much bigger financial impact on you if your buildings are ever impacted by these risks.
Come fire, lightning or burst pipes, we promise to always be there for you and the structure of your buildings! We would also like to make special mention of your geysers. It's important to know that if you want to ensure that your geysers and the damage that happens if something goes wrong with them is covered, you must add geyser cover and specify how many geysers you have.
- Fire, lightning, explosion, and/or earthquake
- Burst water pipes
- Storms and floods
- Impact with your home and outbuildings by animals, vehicles and falling trees (but not while they are being felled)
- Malicious or intentional damage
- Break-in or theft, where we can see the damage caused by the break-in
- Subsidence of land and landslips
- Your garages, outbuildings, swimming pool, walls and gates
- Liability cover for the owner of the building and domestic employees. (You are able to increase your Homeowners Liability Cover, which included Domestic and Public Liability, to R5 million, R10 million, or R20 million for an additional fee.)
- Liability cover for the owner of the building and domestic employees
- Loss of rent
- Rent to live elsewhere