Advice from Auto & General to help you experience a smoother claims journey
You are insured and you regularly pay your premiums, but what can you do to ensure a smoother experience when it’s time to claim? Here is some valuable advice from our Auto & General claims department:
• Always read your newest insurance schedule and make sure your cover is correct and you are insured for the correct amounts.
• Make time to read and understand your terms and conditions and phone our customer service line on 0860 10 44 34 if you have any queries.
• Keep proof of purchase for any items you buy for yourself.
• Always notify us of any changes relating to drivers, address, security and use of insured items.
• Be aware of important time lines to provide certain documents or to notify us of a claim.
• Keep your portable possessions safe and out of sight in the boot of your vehicle when driving.
• We care about you and your belongings; be vigilant about remote jamming.
• If a tracking device is a requirement on your vehicle, test this frequently to ensure that it is always in a working condition.
• Keep your emergency assist number (0860 83 84 85) close for you to be assisted for towing and medical assistance should you have an accident.
• Obtain as much information as possible from other parties involved at the scene of an accident.
*The information provided in this article is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal or financial advice.
Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd is an authorised ﬁnancial services provider. Terms and Conditions apply.