A vehicle accident or breakdown is one of those things your business can do without. At best, they are disruptive, time-consuming, and potentially costly. The Auto & General Insurance Road Assist benefit, included in your vehicle cover, offers comprehensive solutions for roadside emergencies. The service is available 24/7/365.
Breakdown Assistance includes the following:
- Towing to the nearest dealer after a mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Cover for the call-out fee plus one hour’s labour for a vehicle locksmith if your keys are locked in your car
- Cover for the call-out and one hour’s labour if assistance with a flat tyre or battery is required.
- Emergency delivery of 10 litres of fuel (charged at cost and for the policyholder’s own account)
- Roadside referral
- Mechanic referral
- Directions service
- 72 hours’ storage after tow-in
- Notification and message service for family or business –
- If you are stranded more than 100km away from home after a breakdown and your vehicle needs to be towed to a service centre for repairs, we will arrange and pay up to R500 towards:
- Courtesy transport for you and a maximum of six persons to one nominated destination.
- Hotel accommodation for you and a maximum of six persons if there is an overnight delay.OR
- Car hire for a 24-hour period, subject to your provision of a credit card guarantee and limited to rental charges, delivery and collection of the hire vehicle, the first tank of fuel, and surrender of the vehicle on arrival at your destination.
- We will also pay up to R500 towards the cost of collecting the vehicle and return it to your business after the repair has been effected.
Apart from giving you peace of mind on the road, Breakdown Assist also saves you the potential costs of transport, emergency accommodation, or car hire.
Accident Assistance provides:
- towing to the nearest approved panel beater or salvage yard after an accident
- collision procedure advice
No limit is set for accident towing under this benefit. However, if you do not call the designated towline after an accident, you will be personally responsible for the cost of the towing and storage of your vehicle.
If your vehicle is towed to an unauthorised location and stored there, repairs will be delayed while you negotiate the price to release your vehicle from their facilities.
Accident Assist not only helps you save on often exorbitant towing and storage fees but also supports you with advice during the post-accident procedures.
Auto & General has tailored affordable cover for legal practices. Protect your legal practice from third-party claims.
Focus on making a profit; we’ll take the hassle out of your hustle. Business Concierge helps with your business admin.
Tender Assist helps you secure more business wins. Monitor up-and-coming tenders with the Biz Assist benefit included.
Our customers generally score us 9.2 out of 10 when asked how easy it was to interact with us.