Pet insurance Packages
Other important information:
- Pre-existing conditions are excluded on all plans.
- For the first 12 months of cover on the Core and Premium plans: hip & elbow dysplasia, displacement of the patella (kneecap), entropion, ectropion, cherry eye, cruciate ligament rupture, brachycephalic conditions in flat-faced breeds, intervertebral disc disease (IVDD) in long-bodied breeds.
- Total exclusion of congenital/hereditary conditions on the Emergency plan.
- There is no excess for Wellness, Dignified Ending and 3rd Party Liability claims.
- There is only a 10% excess on Minor Care and Diagnostic claims.
- Excess on Surgery & Hospitalisation: First 6 months of cover – 25% (minimum R500), whichever is greater Month 7 of cover onwards – 10% (minimum R500), whichever is greater
- Kindly note that the above excesses are applied per claim.
- No waiting period for accidents (including accidental death under Dignified Ending).
- 30-day waiting period for Illness, Wellness, Minor Care, Diagnostics and 3rd Party claims.
- 6-month waiting period for death due to natural causes (old age) under Dignified Ending.
- 12-month waiting period (on Core and Premium Plans) for congenital/hereditary conditions.
Important forms and documents:
- Claim form
- Pre-authorisation form (if your pet is scheduled for an operation)
- Terms & Conditions brochure