Commitment to transformation. We are strongly committed to South Africa’s ongoing transformation efforts and have embarked on several projects to enforce this:
- 55% of our staff are previously disadvantaged individuals
- a leadership programme for previously disadvantaged individuals allows for successful candidates, who complete their training, to be considered for permanent employment
- an accelerated management development programme to increase our ability to fill management positions with candidates of colour.
Always there for the community, corporate social investment initiatives
Over the years, we have focused our social responsibility efforts on assisting organisations that struggle to sustain their essential contributions to the communities they serve.
Auto & General Insurance has chosen the theme “home” for all of our projects, which symbolises warmth, family, sanctuary, refuge, shelter and a place of safety. The following initiatives around the country have already benefited:
- The Woodside Sanctuary which provides residential care to handicapped children
- Habitat for Humanity which is a housing organisation dedicated to the elimination of poverty housing in South Africa
- MaAfrika Tikkun which aims to assist people struggling with the impact of HIV/AIDS
- Geneva’s Crisis Centre which takes care of moms and children from abused homes
- Talitha Cumi which is a registered safe house for children who suffer with under-developed gross motor skills due to neglect and abuse
- Eerste Rivier project where R30 000 was contributed to the refurbishment of a training centre, located on the grounds of a school in a local location.